Have you recently lost someone you love due to another’s actions? Are you unsure what to do next?
The devastating loss of a loved one is an experience no one should have to endure. When that loss is due to the reckless or negligent actions of another, the pain is compounded by the sense of injustice. While no amount of compensation can ever truly make up for the absence of a loved one, it is important to understand your legal rights and seek justice where it is due. Wrongful death attorney in Encino Belal Hamideh can help you throughout the entire process.
How Do I Know if I Have a Wrongful Death Case?
A wrongful death, as defined by California law, occurs when someone’s demise is the direct result of the wrongful actions of another individual. These wrongful actions can range from recklessness and negligence, to even intentional harm. In the event of intentional harm, criminal prosecution may be pursued against the responsible party.
In cases where any of these circumstances have caused the death of a loved one, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you have any uncertainties regarding your eligibility to bring such a suit, Belal Hamideh can help. During a free case evaluation, he can let you know the definitive truth about your case.
How Do I Prove Wrongful Death?
To establish a wrongful death case, certain elements must be proven. These elements are crucial for building a successful case:
- Negligence, Recklessness, or Carelessness: The first element is proving that your loved one’s death was a result of the defendant’s negligence, recklessness, or carelessness. The defendant doesn’t have to be solely responsible for the death; partial responsibility is still sufficient for a valid case.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant must have had a duty towards the victim, your loved one, and this duty must have been breached. For example, a doctor is obligated to provide proper medical care, while a driver must follow the rules of the road.
- Causation: It must be demonstrated that the defendant’s actions directly caused the death of your loved one.
- Compensable Damages: Finally, it is necessary to establish that the death of your loved one resulted in damages that merit compensation. This can encompass medical bills, funeral expenses, loss of income (including potential earnings), your emotional suffering, as well as the loss of guidance, protection, and inheritance.
How is Compensation Determined in a Wrongful Death Case?
There is no fixed average for wrongful death settlements in California, or indeed anywhere else. Since each case is unique and the value of a loved one is immeasurable, determining the settlement value can be complex. Nevertheless, wrongful death cases tend to have some of the highest monetary values among all personal injury cases. The most reliable way to ascertain the potential value of your case is by consulting with an experienced wrongful death attorney.
You can receive compensation for any funeral costs, any medical bills that accrued due to the injury that led to their passing, and similar costs. With this compensation, you can have what you need to transition into the next stage of your life.
A skilled attorney, like Belal Hamideh, can provide you with an estimate of what your case might be worth and then aggressively pursue this compensation on your behalf. This ensures that you receive what you rightfully deserve.
What Can a Wrongful Death Attorney Do?
A wrongful death attorney can make an immense difference. For example, Belal Hamideh can provide:
- Legal Representation: An experienced wrongful death attorney will represent your interests in court, ensuring that you have the strongest possible case.
- Help With the Burden: Handling a wrongful death case can be overwhelming, particularly during a period of profound grief. An attorney can assume the legal responsibilities, allowing you to focus on healing and coping with the loss.
- Evaluation of Compensation: A skilled attorney can provide a comprehensive assessment of the compensation you may be entitled to, including non-economic damages.
What are Non-Economic Damages in a Wrongful Death Case?
These encompass intangible losses that can significantly impact your quality of life, such as:
- Loss of Companionship: The emotional bond and support your loved one provided.
- Loss of Consortium: The loss of physical and emotional intimacy.
- Loss of Guidance: The guidance, advice, and mentorship your loved one provided.
- Loss of Protection: The sense of security and protection your loved one offered.
Those are just some of the forms of non-economic damages. The responsible party (or parties) will likely attempt to minimize or deny these non-economic damages. Therefore, having an experienced attorney by your side is crucial to build a compelling case and maximize your compensation.
Belal Hamideh: Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney for Encino
Losing a loved one due to another person’s reckless or negligent actions is an unimaginable tragedy. While no amount of compensation can heal the emotional wounds, it can provide financial relief, ensure justice is served, and help you rebuild your life.
In your pursuit of justice, remember that you don’t have to face this challenging journey alone. With the right attorney by your side, you can honor your loved one’s memory and secure the compensation you deserve.
Belal Hamideh understands the pain you’re going through and is committed to providing the aggressive legal representation you need. If you believe you have a wrongful death case, do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation through our site or by calling.