What To Do After Work Accident

Report Your Injury Right Away

Many people do not know what to do after a work accident because they are in a highly stressful situation.  If you have been injured at work, you should report your injury to a supervisor right away.  If you feel like you need medical treatment, ask your supervisor to refer you over to a medical facility for examination and treatment.

Documents You Need to Collect

When you report your injury to your supervisor, he/she is required to provide you with a Claim Form for you to fill out.  Once you fill this form out, your employer will send it to their Workers Compensation insurance company and they will create a form.  An adjuster will be assigned to your claim.  Make sure to save all the correspondence your receive from the Workers Compensation insurance adjuster.

You should take down the information of any witnesses to your accident.  You should also document the time, date, and place of the accident. Later on, the employer may claim that your accident never occurred.  It is important that you have the witnesses and documentation to prove that you were involved in an accident.

what to do after work accident

Workers Compensation Claim Form

Call our California Workmans Compensation Lawyer for assistance

After you gather all of your information, you should contact a workers comp attorney in California for information regarding your rights.  It is important to have an experienced and successful injury lawyer on your side.  Our office handles all Workman’s Compensation cases and provides a free consultation.  Feel free to call us now for more information regarding your rights and entitlement to compensation 1 (800) 503-2850