When to Reach Out to a Semi Truck Accident Lawyer

semi truck accident lawyer

Were you hurt in an accident involving a semi truck and aren’t sure what to do next? If you believe there’s any chance that the accident is due to another party’s actions, it’s worth it to reach out to an experienced semi truck accident lawyer. Belal Hamideh has helped many who were in the same position that you are now to receive the compensation that they deserve. 

Fully loaded semi trucks can tip the scales at a whopping 80,000 pounds, thus increasing the likelihood of extensive damage in collisions. During a free case evaluation with Belal, he’ll let you know what your case is worth and how we can help – all at no out of pocket cost. We’re paid on contingency, so we only get paid if you win. 

Why Should I Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer? 

Truck accident cases can be intricate, more so than other accident cases. Trucking companies can be aggressively defensive in lawsuits, often employing teams of investigators, working in tandem with insurance companies, and the like. Together, they will strive to minimize your compensation.

Another reason to hire an attorney: find all of the liable parties. Oftentimes, multiple defendants may be involved: the driver, the trucking company, a leasing entity, the cargo loading company, the truck manufacturer, among others. Belal, as an experienced Semi Truck Accident Lawyer can pinpoint the culpable party, increasing your chances of receiving your full deserving compensation.

When Should I Contact a Semi Truck Accident Lawyer? 

In California, for the most part, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. This is less time than it might seem. With so much else that you might be dealing with in your life, if you think you may have a case, it makes sense to reach out sooner than later. 

What Kind of Damages Can I Claim Following a Truck Accident?

when to reach out to a semi truck accident lawyerFollowing an injury sustained in a truck accident, economic and non-economic damages can be claimed. Economic damages compensate you for post-accident expenses including medical treatments like therapy and counseling, ambulance bills, lost wages, vehicle repair or replacement costs, and even modifications to your home or in-home care due to catastrophic injuries.

Non-economic damages are received for pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement or loss of body parts, decreased quality of life, and loss of companionship (consortium). We represent you aggressively to ensure you receive all your deserving compensation.

What If I’m Partially At Fault for the Truck Accident?

Even if you share liability for the accident, you may still recover damages under the “comparative negligence” rule. This rule proportionally reduces your recovery to the extent of your fault. For instance, if you’re 30% at fault, your compensation might be reduced by 30%, leaving you with 70% of the compensation. In truck accidents, your smaller car often stands little chance against a massive truck, despite your driving skills. 

Belal Hamideh: Semi Truck Accident Attorney With Experience 

In the wake of a truck accident, it’s perfectly understandable if you procrastinate in reaching out to an attorney. With so much to do, it can seem like the last thing on your agenda. Yet, when you do, we can take your case while you focus on what’s most important: your recovery. 

Instead of having to deal with the insurance company on your own (and taking less than you deserve), let us help. Our firm is persistent in achieving superior outcomes for all clients to ensure you receive what you deserve for your ordeal. It is possible to turn your truck accident injury into a personal victory. You’re welcome to reach us via our website or phone call.