Were you injured in an accident while riding in an UBER? Were you driving for UBER when you were hurt in an accident? If you were hurt in an accident that involved UBER, Belal Hamideh may be able to help. During a free case evaluation, Belal, an experienced UBER accident attorney in Pasadena can let you know the strength of your case definitively as well as how you can be helped.
Rideshare services have undoubtedly transformed the way we travel, offering a convenient alternative for commuters and late-night revelers alike. However, accidents involving rideshare vehicles, such as those operated by UBER, can disrupt lives, resulting in injuries, medical bills, and emotional distress. If you find yourself in such a situation in Pasadena, it’s imperative to understand your rights and the legal avenues available to seek compensation. Hablamos Espanol.
Immediate Actions Following an UBER Accident
In the immediate aftermath of an UBER accident, prioritizing safety and collecting crucial information are paramount. Regardless of your role in the accident, certain steps can significantly impact the outcome of your claim:
- Ensure Safety: Move to a safe location if possible and assess your injuries and those of others involved.
- Call Emergency Services: Dial 911 to report the accident and request medical assistance if injuries are severe.
- Document the Scene: Gather vital information, including the UBER driver’s details, witnesses’ contact information, and photographic evidence of the accident and injuries.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if injuries are not immediately apparent, it’s essential to undergo a medical evaluation as some injuries may manifest later.
After you’ve done all of that, then contact Belal for a free case evaluation.
Navigating UBER’s Insurance Policies
Understanding UBER’s insurance coverage is crucial in determining the compensation you may be entitled to. UBER’s policy varies based on the driver’s app status:
- Offline: The driver’s personal insurance applies as the UBER app is not active.
- Period 1 (App On, No Ride Accepted): UBER provides $100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per accident, along with $50,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per person and $30,000 of property damage liability coverage per accident.
- Period 2 and 3 (Ride Accepted and Passenger Onboard): UBER offers $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and commercial auto insurance during these periods. Period 2, however, adds on $50,000 of bodily injury coverage.
However, UBER will do everything in their power to minimize payouts. This is just one more reason that you want a skilled UBER accident attorney to ensure you receive just compensation.
Liability and Compensation
Determining liability in UBER accidents mirrors standard vehicular accidents. To establish negligence, it must be proven that the defendant owed a duty of care, breached it through negligence, and caused the plaintiff’s injuries. Examples of negligence in UBER accidents include driving under the influence, texting while driving, speeding, or disregarding traffic laws.
Your compensation depends on various factors, including the severity of injuries, medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma. Belal Hamideh advocates aggressively to secure maximum compensation for our clients, encompassing both economic and non-economic damages.
Filing on Time
In California, you have a two-year window from the date of the rideshare accident to file a claim. However, if government vehicles are involved, this window reduces to six months. Acting swiftly is essential; the sooner you consult an attorney, the quicker your case can progress, increasing your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Is it Worth it to Contact an UBER Accident Attorney?
UBER accidents demand specialized legal expertise, given the complexities of rideshare laws and insurance policies. Belal Hamideh possesses a proven track record in handling UBER accident cases, ensuring that our clients are not shortchanged by insurance companies. Our commitment to your cause is evident through our contingency fee structure – you only pay if we win your case.
Belal Hamideh: UBER Accident Attorney for Pasadena
Belal always works on contingency for his clients. That means that no accident victim ever, ever has to pay for his services out of their pockets. Belal doesn’t get paid unless he wins the case. He wins 99% of the time. Belal’s payment comes out of his client’s eventual settlement.
If you were hurt in an UBER accident (or a Lyft one, or any other kind of rideshare) it’s worth it to reach out to an experienced attorney. Schedule that free case evaluation by completing the form on our site or calling.