Were you involved in an accident involving UBER or another rideshare service? Whether you were a passenger, driver, or pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation. Rideshare services are popular and convenient, providing a safe way to get home after a night out. However, even the best rideshare driver could get into an accident. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving rideshare, Belal Hamideh, an UBER accident attorney in Burbank, could help.
Whether you were hurt as a passenger in an UBER or struck by someone driving for these rideshare apps, you didn’t choose to be injured. As a result of your injury, you could be facing medical bills, an inability to work, a lengthy rehabilitation process, and other challenges. Belal Hamideh has years of experience with these kinds of cases. We can leverage that experience in a free case evaluation to let you know the truth about your case. Hablamos Espanol.
What Do I Do If I’m Involved in an UBER Accident as a Passenger?
- Get to Safety: If you can, move the vehicle out of harm’s way. Check yourself and others for injuries.
- Call 911: If injuries are serious, ask for an ambulance. Seek medical attention even if injuries aren’t immediately apparent.
- Document Evidence: Gather the UBER driver’s name, license, and insurance details. Collect information from others involved, including witnesses. Don’t admit fault. Take pictures of vehicle damage, the surrounding area, and any injuries.
- Reach Out to an Attorney: You may be entitled to compensation. An experienced attorney can ensure you receive it.
The UBER Hit Me: What Can I Do?
You have the same rights as an UBER passenger. Prioritize your safety, follow the above steps, and get medical attention. Then, contact an attorney who can guide you through the legal process.
I’m an UBER Driver and I Got Injured; What Should I Do?
After following the above steps, contact an experienced lawyer familiar with rideshare accident law. UBER does not always protect their drivers, to say the very least. Having a knowledgeable lawyer on your side increases your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Understanding UBER’s Policy and Liability Insurance
UBER’s policy limits for drivers depend on whether they are “offline” or in Period 1, 2, or 3.
- Offline: Covered by the driver’s personal auto insurance.
- Period 1: $100,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident, $50,000 per person, and $30,000 property damage liability coverage.
- Period 2 and 3: $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and $1 million in commercial auto insurance. Period 2 also includes $50,000 for bodily injury coverage when the app is on but a ride hasn’t been accepted.
UBER may try to avoid financial responsibility, but with the right legal support, you give yourself the best possible chance to receive the compensation you deserve.
Can I Sue UBER for My Accident?
While UBER claims their drivers are independent contractors, recent legislation has created ambiguity. Consult an experienced UBER accident attorney to determine the appropriate party to sue. Negligence, such as driving under the influence or texting while driving, can establish liability in rideshare accidents.
What Compensation Can You Receive After an UBER Accident?
The worth of your accident depends on factors like injury severity, impact on earning capacity, pain and suffering, recovery duration, and required medical care. Economic damages cover medical expenses, lost earnings, and reduced earning capacity.
Non-economic damages encompass intangibles like emotional distress and loss of enjoyment in life. An experienced attorney can help you receive the maximum compensation for your losses.
How Long Should I Wait to File My UBER Claim?
In California, you have two years from the date of your rideshare accident to file a claim. If a government vehicle was involved, you have six months. Promptly consulting a lawyer can expedite the compensation process.
Belal Hamideh: UBER Accident Attorney for Burbank
While UBER offers convenient transportation, accidents can happen. If you find yourself in such a situation, you may be eligible for compensation. You deserve an attorney experienced in rideshare accident cases who can navigate insurance complexities on your behalf.
Belal Hamideh Law has assisted numerous individuals like you, ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve. You only pay if we win. To schedule a free consultation with an UBER accident attorney, complete the contact form at our site or call.