Were you hurt in a truck accident? Have you or someone you love been injured by a big rig? The sheer weight of trucks, which can reach up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, poses a significant threat on the roads, leading to potentially severe damage. Belal Hamideh, Santa Monica truck accident lawyer, may be able to help. In a free case evaluation, he can sit down with you, go over your situation, and figure out how he and the rest of the team can help. Hablamos Espanol.
Belal Hamideh Law has been dedicated to assisting clients in situations similar to yours for many years, proudly serving Santa Monica and the entire state of California. Our mission is to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients, ensuring that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve for the hardships you have endured.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur due to various factors, including:
- Fatigue: Truck drivers, often pressured by demanding schedules, might drive for extended hours, leading to slowed reaction times or even falling asleep at the wheel.
- Distracted Driving: Truck drivers, like any other motorists, can cause accidents by engaging in activities such as texting or eating while driving.
- Driving Under the Influence: Sadly, some truck drivers operate their vehicles while intoxicated or under the influence of substances, putting everyone at risk.
- Excessive Speed: Trucks require ample time and distance to brake and stop, making speeding a significant risk factor.
- Improperly Maintained Trucks: Issues with brakes, tires, wheels, steering, and other essential components can lead to accidents.
- Defects in the Truck: Manufacturing defects can increase the likelihood of accidents, posing a significant risk to drivers.
- Improper Loading: Loose or unsecured cargo containers can cause accidents, highlighting the importance of proper loading practices.
- Environmental Factors: Adverse weather conditions, such as snow, ice, strong winds, or heavy rain, can contribute to deadly accidents.
Regardless of the specific cause of your truck accident, our firm is prepared to help those who were injured in an accident.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
Following a truck accident, taking the right steps can significantly help your health as well as your case:
- Get to Safety: Remove yourself from harm’s way and check the injuries of those involved.
- Call the Police: Regardless of the apparent severity, report the accident to the police. Documented evidence can be crucial to your claim.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Even if you feel fine initially, seek medical attention. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent but can have lasting consequences.
- Get the Other Party’s Info: Their name, contact information, insurance, and license plate. Do not say or do anything that could be taken as admitting fault.
- Collect Evidence: If possible, document injuries, vehicle damage, and environmental factors. Photographs and witness information can be invaluable.
- Gather Information: Obtain contact and insurance details from all involved parties, including witnesses.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider: Tell them what happened without embellishment.
- Contact a Santa Monica Truck Accident Lawyer: Reach out to us promptly, enabling us to initiate the process of securing the compensation you deserve.
Liability for a Truck Accident
Truck accident cases can be intricate, often involving multiple parties and complex legalities. Trucking companies and their insurers employ aggressive defense strategies, making it challenging for victims to represent themselves effectively. Belal is well-versed in handling these complexities, doing everything possible to ensure you receive the compensation owed to you.
In truck accident cases, liability can extend beyond the driver, potentially involving trucking companies, leasing companies, cargo loaders, manufacturers, and even property owners where the accident occurred. Identifying all responsible parties is crucial, and our team’s expertise ensures no stone is left unturned in pursuing your claim.
Damages You Can Claim After a Truck Accident
In the aftermath of a truck accident, you can claim both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages cover expenses such as medical bills, therapy, lost wages, and vehicle repair or replacement costs. In severe cases, compensation for modifications to your home and in-home care may also be available.
Non-economic damages encompass intangible losses such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, loss of limbs, and diminished quality of life. Our aggressive representation fights so that you are compensated for all your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Even if you bear partial responsibility for the accident, you can still recover damages through comparative negligence. Your recovery may be reduced proportionally based on your degree of fault. Our team diligently investigates the case to allocate liability accurately, ensuring you receive fair compensation.
No Fee Unless We Win
Navigating the complexities of a truck accident case can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with injuries and emotional distress. Our dedicated team at Belal Hamideh Law stands ready to shoulder the burden, allowing you to focus on healing and recovery. With a proven track record of taking on powerful entities and emerging victorious, we can turn your personal injury into a personal victory.
To schedule a free case evaluation, message us through our site or call.