Have you found yourself injured while on someone else’s property? Has your well-being been compromised due to the negligence of property owners? If so, you may have grounds for a premises liability case. When you enter another person’s property, you trust that they maintain a safe environment for visitors. Should they fail in upholding this duty of care and it results in you or a loved one being harmed, Beverly Hills premises liability lawyer Belal Hamideh is here to assist you.
If you suspect that your injury is a consequence of someone else’s negligence, it is crucial to seek a free case evaluation. Through this consultation, Belal can let you know exactly what your case is worth and how we can help. Hablamos Espanol.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive for a Premises Liability Case?
In premises liability cases, the compensation you may receive varies depending on the specifics of your situation. While each case is unique, successful premises liability claims typically involve both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages: Economic damages encompass tangible costs resulting from the injury, including medical expenses, treatments, therapy, doctor’s visits, rehabilitation, medications, and related expenses. Additionally, economic damages account for lost wages due to the inability to work during recovery, as well as future earnings affected by the injury. Travel expenses incurred for medical purposes are also considered under economic damages.
Non-economic Damages: Non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensate for intangible losses such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, trauma, diminished quality of life, and loss of consortium. In tragic cases where a life is lost due to premises liability, Belal Hamideh can assist you in filing a wrongful death lawsuit, providing compensation for funeral costs and related expenses.
In exceptional instances, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant for their negligence. During a consultation with Belal Hamideh, you can gain clarity on the specific damages applicable to your case, ensuring that you receive comprehensive compensation for your losses.
Common Premises Liability Scenarios
One of the most prevalent premises liability incidents is slip and fall accidents, occurring in various settings such as stores, parking lots, restaurants, amusement parks, construction sites, escalators, elevators, and Airbnb properties. These accidents can be caused by factors like unstable railings, wet or slippery floors, and cracks on the ground.
Apart from slip and fall cases, Belal Hamideh handles a wide array of premises liability scenarios, including:
- Negligent Security: Property owners are responsible for ensuring the safety of their guests by implementing adequate security measures. Failure to do so can result in liability for physical crimes like assault.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents: Negligence involving elevators and escalators can lead to severe injuries. Belal Hamideh can assist you if you or a loved one has been harmed in such incidents.
- Pool Accidents: Property owners must maintain the safety of their swimming pools. If their negligence results in a pool-related injury, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Animal Attacks: If you are injured due to an animal attack while visiting someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation, whether it’s a dog bite, snake bite, or another animal-related injury.
These examples represent only a fraction of the premises liability cases Belal Hamideh handles. If you suspect that your injury is the consequence of someone else’s actions or negligence, contacting the experienced team for a free case evaluation is the first step toward seeking justice.
What Has to Be Proven in a Premises Liability Case?
To establish a strong premises liability case, four essential elements must be proven:
- Property Ownership or Control: It must be demonstrated that the defendant owned or controlled the property where the accident occurred, ensuring that the right party is held accountable.
- Negligence: Evidence of the property owner’s negligence and breach of duty of care is crucial. It is essential to prove that you were authorized to be on the property and that the property owner failed in their duty to maintain a safe environment.
- Causation: The negligence of the defendant must be directly linked to your injury. It is imperative to establish that the breach of duty was a significant factor in the accident, directly causing your harm.
- Injury: The extent of your injury, supported by medical bills, video evidence, photographs, and other documentation, must be clearly demonstrated to substantiate your claim.
Determining Liability in Premises Liability Cases
In most cases, property owners are the primary liable parties in premises liability claims. However, liability may extend to other parties depending on the specific circumstances of the incident.
Landlords, property management companies, store owners, large corporations, restaurants, employees, homeowners, and business proprietors can all be held responsible for injuries occurring on their premises.
Belal Hamideh conducts thorough investigations in every premises liability case, identifying all liable parties involved. By pursuing claims against all responsible entities, he ensures that our clients have the best opportunity to receive maximum compensation for their injuries and losses.
What is the Statute of Limitations in Premises Liability Cases?
In the state of California, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a premises liability lawsuit. While this might seem like a substantial amount of time, the complexities of recovery, rehabilitation, and daily life often lead individuals to delay pursuing legal action. However, time is of the essence. Procrastination can jeopardize your ability to seek compensation for your injuries.
By reaching out to an experienced attorney promptly, you can initiate the legal process, ensuring that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. Belal Hamideh and the rest of our team are well-versed in California’s statutes of limitations, guiding you through the necessary steps to protect your rights within the specified timeframe.
Belal Hamideh: Experienced Beverly Hills Premises Liability Lawyer
As a visitor or guest on another person’s property, you should never anticipate harm due to their negligence. If you find yourself in such a situation, you deserve legal representation that prioritizes your rights and advocates aggressively on your behalf.
Belal Hamideh and the team here operate on a contingency basis, meaning that you incur no upfront costs. You pay nothing unless your case is successfully resolved, allowing you to focus on your recovery while the legal experts work diligently to secure your compensation. With a remarkable 99% success rate, Belal Hamideh brings his expertise to your premises liability case, empowering you to pursue justice without financial strain.
For a free and comprehensive case evaluation, please do not hesitate to reach out. Whether through our website or a phone call, our team is here to assist you. Your journey toward justice begins with a single step—let us guide you toward a brighter future.